Thursday 19 January 2012

First post.

So, here I am again. I used to blog here and there, but always lost momentum a few weeks in. If there's one thing I pretty much rule at, it's half-assing my way through projects. But lately, I've been reading some great blogs and frankly, I could use a place to ramble so free Blogger template it was.

So, who am I? I'm a mother of three children (7, 5, and 3 months), living in Scotland, but originally from Canada. Divorced once, now living in SIN with our new baby. All the women I know keep squealing about "putting a ring on it". Hi, the 50s called and they want their moral outrage back. I mean, I don't have anything against marriage - I did do it - and I'll probably do it again at some point but it really pisses me off that it's still so pivotal to so many women's happiness.

I pretty much guarantee this first post will be clunky as hell, so I apologist for that. I'll get into the swing of things soon enough.

Gracelessly forging ahead - more bio info:

-I'm 32
-My partner is from the west coast of Ireland
-I have a French bulldog who I love (the face! The temperament! The laziness!) and hate (the snoring! The farting! The stupid itchy ears that he drives himself mad scratching!) in equal measures
-I knit. NOT JUST FOR GRANNIES ANYMORE BITCHES

Ok. So what can you expect from this blog? Probably a lot of bitching about these, and other great topics as they occur:

-dealing with an ex husband with whom you have two children
-the daily slog of parenting three little kids (mommybloggers take note: I love my children but this won't be some "every moment is a blessing from God" paean)
-whatever other minutiae I can think of

Aren't you enticed? This shit should be syndicated, I tell you.

I'll write a proper post tomorrow on the subject of our upcoming exodus to Ireland to christen the baby and how much of a drag it is.

1 comment:

  1. i came here from janes blog.. dogs i know so here is my advice on ear itching.. get the dog off all grains. i have no idea what commercial dog food is in scotland but find a grain free food and feed it. i feed raw (grind up chickens mostly..yes, bones and all..raw bones are fine) and started raw due to ear issues (brussels griffons..cousin of french bulldogs i am sure). if you can't do raw then find a grain free kibble..no wheat/corn/soy especially.. stay away from sugar producing veggies (carrots/beets/etc) as that increases yeast which is often the reason for bad ears. kris (lower case)

    ReplyDelete