Wednesday 7 March 2012

And to think, I'm only using one tenth of my brain!

I haven't had much to talk about since I started this blog, but today I've REALLY got nothing. 

I've been tending to my baby, neurotically reapplying moisturisers to her roughened skin. Her face has definitely settled, but her body is still a mess. I am not keen on using steroid creams on her, but in the short term they have provided her with the relief she needed in order to stop scratching. 

I wasn't even going to write today - that's how little I have to say - but I'm trying to post with frequency. So LUCKY YOU! Try not to nod off. 

I spent a spare hour I had this afternoon dolling myself up. It's sort of unpalatable and 1950s-esque, but I think there's something to be said for making an effort for your partner. This street runs both ways in our house. Often, when J gets home he'll jump in the shower and pop on a nice shirt and jumper, maybe add a spritz of cologne. It can be really easy, especially when you have young children, to stop thinking about keeping up appearances. That's not wholly a bad thing - when J and I first started seeing each other, I found the constant preening regime exhausting. I fantasised about lounging about in pajama bottoms and being allowed to fart indiscriminately. Lest you think I'm some princess-y high maintenance shrew, that is precisely how I comport myself 90% of the time these days.  But that other 10% is soaked in Chanel, powdered, plucked and hairsprayed in to the best, glossiest version of myself. 

I don't know. I guess I just love seeing J look at me in That Way, you know?

ANYWAY. He's not long in, has Looked, and I almost immediately wriggled out of my Spanx and tossed off my heels. I currently write to you from the sofa, in mismatched socks, old jammies and disconcertingly formal hair. 

If you've made it this far I TOLD you I didn't have much today. But I do have a slightly more interesting post in the works for tomorrow. I have to redeem myself from this dreck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment